There is no doubt that writers are now enjoying the personal and monetary rewards of blogging today simply by just staying in their house.
The big question now is, “HOW”. How do they really make money blogging?
I am one of those people who curiously ask how blogging can really make money. After all, if it is really true then it can be a great opportunity for me as I am keen on reading and writing.
I am sure that you are curious as well and you believe that you have what it takes to be a blogger as well. After all, you would not read this blog if you don’t, right?
Make Money Blogging
So in this post, let us explore some of the best ways on how you can turn your writing talent into something that will generate you income.
Create Great Content
This is by far the most important component of blogging to make money from home. Great content means it is helpful, relevant, and informative.
The number of your readers will not grow unless you make them realize that you have something that can help. Here are some of the crucial elements of creating great content.
- Title – Your title should be brief and concise. Some people suggest that it should be long, but this can be risky since your title should be displayed in Search Engine Results Page (SERP) in full and not missing some words because it is too long. Your title should be descriptive that will give your readers a quick overview of what to expect.
- Introduction – You need to capture your audience’s interest with your introduction along with your title. In your introduction alone, you need to have all your points summarized in one paragraph.
- Specific Purpose Statement – After your introduction, you need to be specific about what your readers will get after reading your blog. After stating your specific purpose, make sure you stick with it and do not deviate.
- Use short paragraphs, bullets, and subheadings – Most Internet users are not readers, but scanners. They will only scan your content and after that leave your page. Long and continuous paragraphs are boring to read so make sure you use bullets and subheadings to get your message across in the most efficient and convenient way.
Aside from the points mentioned above, you need to make sure your blog is well-researched, factual, original, unique, free of grammatical errors, and polished.
All these elements will attract more readership rather than blogs that are too superficial.
Attracting More Readers and Visitors to Your Blog
Needless to say, you do not like writing a blog that no one will read, right? Therefore, you need to increase the number of your visitors if you want to make money at home online.
The lifeblood of your blogging site will greatly depend upon the number of people visiting your website. The more traffic you have is the more chances of generating income.
Here are some of the ways you can increase your traffic.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization is the practice of using proper keywords in your blog to make your blog easier to be found through search engines. It is undeniable that SEO is a bit complicated for beginners so you'll want to familiarize yourself with this technique if you really want to increase your website’s traffic.
- Social Media – You need to share your blogs and spread the word through social media where more and more people are aggregating. Social media is very helpful because there are millions of people visiting, browsing and researching. Use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google tools to increase your traffic.
- Social Bookmarking Sites – These sites are very helpful when it comes to making money online from home and sharing your links with other people. All you have to do is submit a link to your blog and it is up to the site to distribute your links to other users. Some good examples of social bookmarking sites are StumbleUpon, Digg, Reddit, and Delicious.
Monetizing Your Blogs
After creating great content and attracting more traffic, it is time to monetize your blogs.
At this point, I want to make this very clear in your mind; blogging is not a quick way to get rich. In fact, it might take years before you can actually earn a steady stream of income from blogging.
Nevertheless, here are some of the ways you can make money through blogging.
- Placing ads on your blogs – You can work with Google AdSense, Kontera, and others to have paid advertisement on your blogs. The most common way you can earn from this is you get paid when someone clicks the ads.
- Affiliate Program – You can use the affiliate programs of Amazon and eBay to earn commission from the sales they make through your blog.
- Sell your own products – You can use your blog to promote your own products as well.
- Sell your skills – If you have certain skills or knowledge worth teaching to others, you can offer that as a paid service. Promote your skills through your blog.
The tips and guides mentioned here are easy in theory, but when it comes to actually make money at home and putting them into practice, you might experience difficulty and even more challenges ahead.
All you have to do is to stay on it and be committed. You will get your sweet rewards in no time!