So now you have decided to be an online freelancer, but you do not know where to start or is not familiar with any money making website ideas. I’ve been there and I believe almost all freelancers who greatly depend on the Internet experienced the high and low of freelancing. Whether you are a writer, web designer, web developer, graphic artist, or simply an online contractor, you need to know places where you can establish your career and gain more projects.
The lifelines of an online freelancer are the websites that will provide him or her projects. It is said that freelancers have difficulty to find stable and long-term contracts through the web. This is true to some extent, but it does not have to be this way. Every job has its risks and not only freelancing. Therefore, it is fair to say that online freelancing is still one of the best career choices.
In this blog, I want to share with you websites where you can find projects and job postings. I conveniently arranged the websites according to your freelancing job description so that it will be easier for you to find which of the websites are specially equipped to provide you projects fitting your skills and competence.
Each day, there are thousands of websites being added to the Internet. Each of these websites needs fresh content and additional information. This is where the need for freelance writer arises. Thankfully, there is a high demand for a freelance writer today on the World Wide Web. Visit these websites idea to make money and find job postings related to freelance writing.
- ODesk – I believe oDesk has the largest database of writing-related freelance jobs. With over 8,000 writing job posts, you will surely find the right employer for you. The writing tasks in oDesk involve technical writing, website content writing, blog writing, article writing, copywriting, creative writing, data entry jobs and translation.
- Elance – on this website, you will find thousands of writing jobs too. As of now, there are at least 200,000 writers who use Elance to find new gigs and writing projects. Basically, you have to beat other freelancers by proposing the lowest price with the best services possible.
- Freelancer – another alternative choice would be freelancer.com. It has many fantastic employers who are ready to pay you a handsome amount of money for a job well done. You cannot actually find job posts on their website, but instead, the job posts will be sent to your email.
- Others – there are other sites you might want to check. These include iFreelance, People per Hour, Fiverr, Guru, and more. You can also opt to use a search engine to find online gigs. Most often than not, you can also visit popular sites such as about.com, ehow.com, wikihow.com, and others to see any job posting they may offer.
(A)Freelance web designers and web developers
The same as writers, web designers can find themselves overwhelmed by the huge demand for their service. Since every website on the Internet needs a competitive and skilled designer, freelance web designers are truly blessed with this situation. But no mistake about it; there is also a huge competition between designers and therefore, you need to work harder to find top-paying jobs. Get a load from these websites ideas to make money as a web designer.
- RentACoder – this is completely a legitimate site. It is completely devoted to bringing you stable jobs and long-term projects. Therefore, if you are a designer or developer, you sure never want to miss this site. Choose a job from their job posts numbering up to 2,000 jobs.
- Projects4Hire – another quality platform to find web design jobs. It has a lot of job posts specifically tailored for designers like you. If you are awarded the job, there is a slight percentage that the website will take back as a form of commission.
- Scriptlance – this is a website where the top designer and developer gather around. Since most jobs posted here need great knowledge and skills, the competition is less compared to other websites. So if you think you have what it takes to take on big and too technical projects, then visit this website.
- Others – it is worth noting that most freelance websites will offer jobs of different niche and industry. Thus, you cannot just find freelance writing jobs from oDesk, Freelancer, and Elance, but also jobs for web designers as well.
(B)Freelance sales and marketing
If you are an entrepreneur or simply someone who wants to start an online business, then you must know where your marketplace is. The same as working offline, selling something on the online marketplace requires you to find the best three things in sales – location, location, location. You need more people to know about your products or services before you can actually make better sales. For this reason, below please find more of how you can make money off a website that you don’t want to miss.
- eBay – this by far may be the most popular of all the online marketplaces on Earth. You get to post your products completely free. In addition to this, the platform will enable you to build your profile to increase your trustworthiness (or damage your reputation) depending on the feedback from your customers.
- Amazon – who would forget Amazon as the fastest growing marketplace as well? Every item you sell, Amazon will charge you almost only for a dollar. There are certain limitations though when you use Amazon compared to eBay. Amazon is the best choice if you intend to sell books.
- Etsy – if you seek to sell handmade or homemade products, then Etsy is the go-to website. Your creativeness will finally pay-off here. So if you have great collections of antique, jewellery, accessories, native products, and others, try Etsy.
All said and done, we have seen a list of money making website ideas where you can go to. I am sure this will be of help as the websites are listed according to the nature of the job you are looking for. Explore more about this subject and find the right job for you.